Thursday 27 September 2012

THE APPOINTMENT WITH THE ONCOLOGIST







The meeting with the Oncologist went well. The chemotherapy has shrunk the tumour, which in itself is great news,  but the consultant did point out that this didn't mean that my friend was getting better, just that it had given her a little more time.

It was decided that the chemotherapy should be stopped for 6 weeks to see if my friend's general health and tiredness would improve. The next appointment is on 7th November, when it will be decided what should happen next.

In the meantime my friend is not in good health. She is now suffering from pain in her back in the ribcage area. The consultant checked the CT scan again to see whether he could find a cause for this but could find nothing. It has been put down to a pulled muscle but I am not convinced.

So all we can do is continue as we are taking each day as it comes, going out when we can and staying in when my friend feels to ill.

No comments:

Post a Comment