Friday 16 November 2012

IT'S ALL OVER NOW










After my friend had been sedated she remained very peaceful. I had a visit from the Hospice nurses on 13 th November, with a view to helping me wash and change  her. 

Whilst they were here my friend's breathing pattern changed and it was assumed that the end was very near as no pulse could be felt in any of her limbs. This was around 1 pm. The nurses kindly offered to stay with me which I accepted, not really wishing to be alone.

But my friend had her own ideas on the appropriate time to go. After an hour and no change, the nurses had to go as they had other patients to see.

So there I am on my own not knowing when the end would come. I kept popping in and out and telling my friend that it was all right to go, that myself and our two dogs would be fine and to stop fighting the inevitable. This went on for another 2 hours.

I'd just popped out for a couple of minutes and when I came back she had passed. It was 4 pm.

I lit a candle and burnt some incense sticks and put on a Music for Healing CD and asked Great Spirit to help my friend over to the other side.

I then phoned the surgery and waited for the doctor to come and confirm death. I then phoned the undertaker.

At 6 pm on Tuesday 13 th November my friend left her home for the last time. But she did get her last wish which was to die in her own bed at home.

I hope my diary of events has helped some of you out there going through similar circumstances. And for those of you who are just reading this out of curiosity I hope you have found it interesting.

This is my last entry.

Love and light  to you All


No comments:

Post a Comment