Saturday 3 November 2012

THE DETERIORATION WORSENS





It is now 3rd November and my friend is deteriorating further. The only time she spends out of bed now is to go to the toilet and for me to help her wash and change her pyjamas. I'm now getting up with her two or three times during the night when she needs to go to the toilet.

She has the permanent shakes, a bit like the DT's , but I guess that is lack of sustenance. She is now eating even less, as if that were possible, as every time she puts things in her mouth she retches. 

I'm becoming increasingly concerned about the retching as she even does this when taking her tablets and drinking. She wants to die at home, but if this continues to the point where she is unable to take her tablets for the pain etc, and is no longer able to take on fluids, then I'm unsure whether this will be possible.

The painkillers still only take the edge off her pain, so she has constant discomfort. I'm sure she has given up, because even when I try to encourage her and  keep her positive, she becomes very agitated and asks me to leave her alone.

The road does get harder and I'm sure it will become harder still. Great Spirit thank you for continuing to help me through it.

No comments:

Post a Comment