Thursday 8 November 2012

NEARING THE END








Today 8th November we had an unexpected visit from the District nurse. She came to take my friends blood pressure and whilst she was here I filled her in on what had been happening and the continued deterioration.

She has arranged for some Morphine to ease pain during the night and is going to arrange for a Doctor to call other wise when the time comes my friend will have to have a post mortem. 

Apparently even though she is under the hospital doctor, she still needs to be seen by the G.P. which so far hasn't happened. This has all come about since the Harold Shipman case. Whilst writing this the phone has just rung to confirm the G.P will visit next Friday 16th November. I hope that won't be too late.

I took the time to speak to the nurse out of my friends earshot and asked her what she thought of the situation. She confirmed what I already knew anyway, that this is the beginning of the end.

I hope for my friends sake that it isn't a long drawn out affair and that end is quick and peaceful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment