Tuesday 13 November 2012

MY CRISIS POINT





The 1oth and 11th of November were my crisis point. My friend took a dramatic turn for the worse. Although only managing to pee once in 24 hours, she became incontinent with her bowels and at the same time seemed to become confused with similar symptoms to Alzheimer's Disease.

I must admit that this was my breaking point. With an un-co-operative, body that needed cleaning and changing after opening her bowels, I admit I struggled and of course it always happens at weekends.

By Monday morning I was a sobbing wreck and knew I needed help. After a few phone calls, the troops arrived doctors, nurses I had them all.

My friend was fitted with a catheter and a syringe pump, making life a whole lot easier.

Monday night into Tuesday morning  was a restless night with my friend grunting very loudly obviously in a state of distress, so today the nurses returned to administer a sedative which had the desired effect and has calmed her.

No comments:

Post a Comment