Tuesday 12 June 2012

ARRIVAL OF EQUIPMENT









I wasn't going to write again until my friend had her stent fitted. However I must just update you.


The district nurse ordered some equipment for my friend, for use when she returns home. A special mattress to stop bed sores etc, a pillow lift/back rest for the bed and a cushion for use in the wheelchair when she eventually gets it.


Well it arrived this morning 12th June. It's huge, the pillow lift/back rest which can be raised or lowered remotely once plugged into the mains, weighs an absolute ton and takes up half of the bed space. Now this is meant to rest on a mattress 6 inches thick covered in plastic so that it can be wiped. By the time all this is fitted, I'm unsure as to where exactly my friend is meant to sleep. 


Who designs these things. Have they no idea as to the size of normal household furniture. I can't see my friend using this equipment, but we will see. I'll let you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment